BANANA BREAD LOAF
- 1/2 cup Lowan Rolled Oats
- 90g margarine spread (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 3/4 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1/3 cup Lowan Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon margarine spread
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. First start by making the topping. Mix the oats, margarine spread, brown sugar and cinnamon together with a wooden spoon until well combined and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 150 degrees (fan forced) and grease/line with baking paper a loaf pan.
3. Place cooled margarine spread, brown sugar, vanilla essence, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
4. In a small bowl, mix the bicarbonate of soda into the buttermilk and add to the liquid ingredients with the flours, oats and banana. Mix until well combined.
5. Pour mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle the prepared topping mixture over the top.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and when a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool for a few minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire cooling rack, removing the baking paper and cooling completely.
8. Serve cut into slices.