CARAMEL OAT SLICE
- 125 g butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
60 g butter
410 g condensed milk
2 tbs golden syrup
1 cup of coconut
- 60g butter
- 1 tbs golden syrup
1/2 cup of Lowan Rolled Oats
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced)
2. Base: Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Add sifted flour and coconut and mix well.
3. Press evenly into a greased lamington tin and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
4. Remove and cool slightly.
5. Filling: Place all ingredients in a saucepan, and stir over low heat until butter melts. Increase heat, simmer gently, stirring continuously for 5 minutes or until mixture turns a light golden brown.
6. Remove from heat and spread over base.
7. Topping: Combine coconut and rolled oats in bowl.
8. Place butter with golden syrup in small saucepan, stir over low heat until butter has melted.
9. Add to coconut mixture and mix well.
10. Sprinkle topping evenly over caramel filling
11. Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
12. Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.