FIG & RASPBERRY OAT SLICE
- 100g of Lowan Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 25g cornflour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 225g chilled unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (80g) good-quality raspberry jam
- 250g raspberries
- 4 large figs, quartered
- 1 tablespoon dermerara sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (160 fan forced). Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan.
2. Combine the flours, baking powder and 100g oats. Using your fingertips, rub in butter until it resembles crumbs.
3. Stir in caster sugar, then add egg and vanilla, and stir to form a sticky, clumpy mixture.
4. Using damp hands, smooth three-quarters of the mixture into the pan.
5. Spread jam over the top, then scatter with the berries and figs.
6. Mix remaining oat mixture with demerara sugar and extra 1 tbs oats, then dot over the fruit.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden and crisp.
8. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.