- 3 cups Lowan Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees fan forced and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine the oats, coconut, quinoa flakes, cashews, sunflower kernels, chia seeds in a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan, add vegetable oil, honey and brown sugar and cook on a medium heat until sugar is melted and all ingredients are well combined.
4. In a small bowl, mix the bicarbonate of soda into the buttermilk and add to the liquid ingredients with the flours, oats and banana. Mix until well combined.
5. Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes.
6. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container (the muesli will become crisp once cooled).
7. Add dried fruit if desired or serve with yogurt.